- A recent poll shows 77% of those who voted for Trump, believe the election was stolen via fraudulent means. Something similar happened in Germany after WWI. Conservatives were spreading lies that Germany did not lose the war which many believed. Hitler seized upon these lies, enflaming Nationalist fervor, threatening scapegoats like Social Democrats and Jews, and eventually taking power in 1933. Trump’s lies are currently undermining democracy in similar ways.
- If Trump goes to Georgia to campaign for Republicans in the Senate runoff elections, and he continues to rant about fraudulent and rigged elections in that state, Republicans will be less likely to come out to vote or mail in a ballot thus swinging the election to two underdog Democrats and thereby flipping the Senate Blue. Once again, Trump’s rhetoric and actions may backfire.
- Many of the people who voted against Trump either then voted for Republicans down ballot or didn’t vote for anyone except Joe Biden. These were probably Republicans who truly opposed Donald Trump and split their votes to stay loyal to Republicans down ballot. Given his clinical narcissism, I don’t think Trump wants to acknowledge that.
- It is unlikely Donald Trump will run again in 2024, although he has given indication that he might just do that. This self described “winner” will not wish to risk losing again. Also, he will be 78 years old, and will not have the advantage of running against someone as hated as he was. The RNC and most Republicans beyond his cult followers will want nothing to do with Trump, given his impulsive, Twitter approach to governance. And too, he may be in jail by then, or deceased. They finally jailed Al Capone on tax evasion. Trump may suffer the same fate.
- Contrary to Trump’s false allegations, Joe Biden won this election by a larger margin than most presidential candidates in history.
- Donald Trump is currently trying to sabotage Joe Biden’s transition to power and make it difficult for him to set the country on a course to recovery and health. Consequently thousands more could die or be thrown into despair and poverty. That sounds like treason in my book.
- It is likely that Trump knew about and allowed this assassination in Iran to happen to put Biden in a tough position to negotiate with the Iranians after he takes office. In this light, this assassination is criminal, reckless, irresponsible, immoral, and typical of Trump’s style of revenge at the expense of others.
- As a result of the recount in Wisconsin, President-elect Biden’s lead over President Trump grew by 87 votes. Under state law, Trump was required to foot the bill for the partial recount — meaning his campaign paid $3 million only to see Biden’s lead expand.
- Trump is a compulsive lier as the courts have recently verified. Here’s a piece from HuffPost, reporting from Fox News (right, that Fox News!) a report that exposes Trump’s desperate moves to delegitimize Biden’s election victory. “FOX HOST PULLS APART PRESIDENT’S LIES Fox News host Eric Shawn on Sunday debunked election disinformation that President Donald Trump disgorged hours earlier on the same network in his first live interview since the election. Shawn pointed out that Trump’s campaign has failed to prove any of his accusations in court, and invited Axios political reporter Hans Nichols to help dismantle many of Trump’s bogus claims, including that ballots counted after the initial tallies on election night were somehow fraudulent.”
- Trump’s campaign is in debt, and to pay that debt down, he has deceived his supporters into thinking their current donations are being used to reverse the election results. They are not. Donations to the RNC are being used to pay down RNC and possibly Trump’s personal debt. During a time of pandemic hardship when every dollar of one’s family is critical to that family’s budget, Trump, the loser of the election, is scamming his supporters for more money to pay his debts.
- As we approach 280,000 Covid-19 deaths, Trump was out playing a full round of golf on Thanksgiving Day. Fore right!
My recommended strategy to help stop the Trump lame duck juggernaut?
- Contribute to Fair Fight, Stacey Abrams organization in Georgia to help the two Democrats running for Senate win. If the Democrats win control of the Senate, Joe Biden could well become to most revered and loved president in our history.
- Contact your representatives in Congress and encourage them to oppose Trump in any way they can before he does any more damage in these final days of his treacherous tenure.
- Use your social media accounts to oppose and expose Trump’s lies, either through personal opinion, retweets, or shares of other posts. This is not a time to be complacent. Keep up the pressure!
JoAnn Green says
✔️ 1. Fair Fight
✔️ 2. Mine are Blue and already on board
✔️ 3. https://djtrumplibrary.com/ BRILLIANT!
Stephen Altschuler says
Thanks very much, JoAnn. Yes, the proposed Trump Memorial Lie-brary is already under construction! Over the main entrance, a tweet from Trump himself: ITS UNBELIEVABLE!
Have a great day.