1. First, Happy Christmas to all!
2. Since Jesus was Jewish–and he was never not Jewish–why the anti-Semitism and all the hatred against Jews around the world? Why the unfair scapegoating of Jews by the far right for all the world’s problems? Have they not read what Jesus said and practiced to treat others as you would like to be treated; and love thy neighbor; and worry not for morrow?
3. Why is more not written about Putin’s Nazi leanings and actions? His attacks on Ukraine rival Hitler in their cruelty and insanity. They are war crimes of the basest order. World leaders and the press should be exposing Putin and those who influence him as Timothy Snyder does in his book The Road to Unfreedom, which I highly recommend.
4. Trump is also part of Putin’s strategy. He is too busy bilking his cult with worthless NFTs of him in various Ubermench outfits to make any criticisms of Putin and his war crimes in Ukraine. Not a word from Trump–the probable, and most despicable, GOP nominee for the 2024 election.
5. Why has Trump not already been charged and prosecuted for any of his many obvious crimes? I hope I’m wrong but it seems President Biden and Atty Gen. Garland are protecting this charlatan and con man. The prosecution and conviction of Donald Trump are crucial to the maintenance of our democracy. Otherwise, there will be others on the far right like him, even after he is gone, who think our system is ripe for an autocratic coup.
6. Why do fervent Christians, like evangelicals, support Trump? He is morally bankrupt. He is an unscrupulous businessman. He is a cult leader, extracting fidelity from his followers by any means, including condoning death threats against opponents and their families regardless of party affiliation. Have evangelicals no decency for such support of this man of such low consciousness?
7. Why does the GOP continue to oppose President Biden and his constructive policies to get this country back on its economic and moral feet? It’s a party that seems to be ironically allied with Russia’s Putin. A few scant years ago, the GOP was accusing Democrats for complicity with the USSR. Now, there are rumblings of diluting aid to Ukraine, of ignoring Russia’s influence on our elections, of denying some of our citizens of their rights on moral terms, as Putin does as well, and of continuing to vote against anything the Dems and Biden put forth, no matter how worthy and beneficial to Main Street America.
There’s more, certainly. But it is Christmas Day and I hate to be a grinch with all my questionings. I’ve just been watching a couple squirrels cavorting in a lovely birch beside our place. The birds are back flying after a couple days of ice on trees via freezing rain, cold, and power outages. And the roads are slushy but passable enough for us to get out and about, via car or foot. Life goes on.
8. And finally why is there not, after all these years of human evolution, Peace on Earth, Good will towards all? Wishing it were so, now, and forever more.
Bowing deeply, with love.